HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! We hope you will also like this variety of items.
Quick Quiz (Answers below)
supplied by Tony Ridge (Membership Secretary)
1. When was the Queen's TV Christmas Address first broadcast ?
2. From which country did the decorated Christmas Tree in the house originate ?
3. The word Noel has Latin origins - meaning what ?
4. What is the best selling Christmas single of all time ?
5. Christmas Island is in which ocean ?
6. "And the running of the deer" is a line from which carol ?
7. Cliff Richard had a No 1 at Christmas 1988 with which song ?
8. How many ghosts are there in Dickens' "Christmas Carol" ?
9. "Join the triumph of the skies" is a line from which carol ?
10. Which foreign city has gifted a Christmas Tree for Trafalgar Square since 1947 ?
11. In the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas" what did my true love give to me in addition on the 7th day ? 7
12. According to Boris "T'is the Season to be Jolly and -------- -----------"
Take a look at a very informative film about one of the most famous pubs in the West Midlands.
No PEAKING at the answers below UNTIL YOU HAVE FINISHED
4. WHITE CHRISTMAS BY BING CROSBY
6. THE HOLLY AND THE IVY
7. MISTLETOE AND WINE
8. 4 - MARLEY, PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE
9. HARK THE HERALD ANGELS SING
10. OSLO IN NORWAY
11. 7 SWANS A SWIMMING
12. JOLLY CAREFUL